Visiting the Museums of Bormio will totally immerse you in the history of the area
Bormio has a wealth of places to discover, not only naturalistic views but also museums and places of culture, where the history of the people of Bormio is told.
What to visit in Bormio
The Bormio Civic Museum
The Bormio Civic Museum is located in the town centre, inside a historic building dating back to the 17th century, the Palazzo De Simoni. Inside you can see more than 4,000 objects that testify to the history of the town, from its birth.
The story is divided into no less than 27 rooms, many of which are decorated in Baroque style with beautiful frescoes. The 27 rooms in turn are divided into two sections, the historical-artistic and the ethnographic. The exhibits bear witness to the culture, crafts and work that was once carried out. In fact, with a scenographic reconstruction, a representation of a carpenter's and shoemaker's workshop has been created. Period carriages, gigs and snow sleighs are also on display.
The museum also houses a collection of spinning wheels, spindles and a large loom, as well as many war relics from the First World War. In the art section of the museum, you can see paintings, frescoes, furniture and crosses.
The Carlo Donegani Historical Museum
At about 2758 metres, at the top of the Stelvio Pass, is the Carlo Donegani Historical Museum. The exhibition is divided into three sections:
- the blue section is dedicated to the Great War on the Stelvio;
- the red section traces the events that took place along the Stelvio road, mainly sporting events;
- the green section, on the other hand, reconstructs the history of the road itself, described as a masterpiece of engineering, built in the early 19th century by Carlo Donegani himself.
An all-round homage to the Stelvio, starting with its history, passing through the sporting events that made it famous. The Museum is accessible according to the opening times of the Stelvio Pass.
- Hotel in the heart of the Stelvio National Park
- Alpine and sophisticated design
- 21 warm and cosy suites
- Wellness area with SPA and large garden/solarium
- Cafeteria with homemade pastries
- Reserved parking space in the garage
- “Porsche Destination" electric car charging stations
- Ski room and bike room